Tuesday, June 26, 2018

Hope Moment: I once was lost, but now I'm found."
(June 22, 2018)

“I once was lost, but now I’m found.” That old song becomes new each time I hear it and speak it. God’s grace really is amazing!
There was a time when I really had lost my way. Oh, I didn’t see it that way most of the time as the sights, sounds, and emotions of life filled my life. Then it happened, over and over again. My mom said and sang it. My pastors spoke about it - over and over again.
Moms & dads, never tire of repeating that old, old story. Pastors and mentors, don’t become weary of sharing it. I can say for a fact that the knowledge of the great of God came first to me through the lives of people that loved me. Yes, I heard the “old, old story about a King that came from glory,” but it became a reality as I witnessed first hand the amazing grace lived out.
Then it happened, once and for all, I believed it as the Great Comforter came to me in His quiet persuasive way. I knew then that I was lost just like every other person who had come short of God’s love and missed His perfect plan. The awareness of my lost-ness made it possible for me to be found, and be at peace in the arms of a forgiving Heavenly Father.
I must add before I conclude this “Hope Moment,” that I wish I could say that I never again lost my way. Sadly it is the condition of man to fall prey to selfish actions. I can say, however, with full assurance, that Jesus continues to find me when I take my eyes off of Him. He saves me! He, my friend, never gives up on you either.
As I listen to the sound of rushing water, I am made more aware of God’s Holy Spirit, rushing to me, refreshing, renewing me, and reminding me that He has found me once again.
I pray that, today, you will be comforted again in the “found-ness” of God’s love for you.
- WP

"Where There's Life, There's Hope"

No comments:

Post a Comment